These terms and conditions specifically refer to the following products and services which may be purchased or accessed via our websites:
- Experience Vouchers, Gift Certificates (‘Gift Voucher’)/ Gift Cards
- Experience Voucher – a Pineapple Tours voucher for a specific experience.
- Gift Certificate (‘Gift Voucher’)/Card – a Pineapple Tours voucher with a dollar value that can be used as currency to purchase from a Pineapple Tours website.
- Direct Ship Items (Pineapple Tours Gifts & Hampers, and Merchandise)
- Pineapple Tours Account Credits
- These are credits applied to Pineapple Tours customer accounts which carry a dollar value that can be used to purchase from a Pineapple Tours website.
Throughout these terms and conditions, the above products and services are collectively referred to as ‘Pineapple Tours Gift(s)’.
In the case of unforeseen circumstances, we recommend that travel insurance be taken out by all passengers.
Table of Contents:
- Making a Purchase
- Refunds & Returns
- Exchange of Gifts
- Transfer of Gifts
- Lost Gift Vouchers
- Expiry & Extensions: Gift Vouchers
- Expiry & Extensions: Account credits
- Gift Voucher Delivery
- Delivery of Direct Ship Items
- Providers of Experiences
- Pineapple Tours Liability
- Availability of Experiences
- Contact Details Given to Experience Providers
- Booking Cancellations
- The Weather
- Complaints or Problems During your Experience
- Descriptions of Experiences and Gift Products
- Illustrations on Our Site
- Experience Locations
- Experience Session Lengths
- Restrictions on Taking Experiences
- Promotional Offers
- Other Information
- Pineapple Tours Legal Entities
- Information Security
- Competition Terms & Conditions
- Updating Terms and Conditions
- Photos and Marketing
- Your Experience
- Cancellation by Pineapple Tours
- Amendments to itineraries by Pineapple Tours
- Tour Conditions
Phone: 0466 331 232
+61 466 331 232 (outside Australia)
Please note: Vouchers purchased on goldcoastwinetours.com in Australian Dollars and gift cards purchased in Australian retailers in Australian Dollars cannot be redeemed or used to purchase experiences on any other website.
2. Experience and Gift Voucher Refunds 24Hr Change-of-Mind Refund Policy
If you have purchased an Experience or Gift Voucher from Pineapple Tours, you can request a refund of the Experience Voucher within 24hrs of the purchase date if you have a change-of-mind. The refund excludes any delivery or transaction fees paid at the time of purchase. The change of mind refund excludes Physical products.
After 24hrs all Experiences and Gift Vouchers are non refundable
Deposits are held as security for your booking and are non refundable
Conditions of Refund:
- Change-of-mind refunds are only permitted for valid vouchers that have not been used, i.e. where an experience date has not yet been booked on the Pineapple Tours system. Once you have requested a booking, your voucher cannot be cancelled and is not refundable for a change-of-mind, but may be subject to a credit if the experience cannot be fulfilled.
- The refund will be processed back to the purchaser only.
- Any Pineapple Tours account credits used for the purchase will be refunded in the same form of tender.
- The Change-of-Mind Policy does not apply to Gift Cards, E-Gift Cards, Gift Products, or any purchases made through a rewards platform.
- After the elapse of 24Hrs from the purchase date, no refunds will be granted for ‘Change-of-Mind’.
- Un-used, un-expired vouchers can now be exchanged free of charge (please refer to conditions of Exchange).
Guarantees and Warranties required by law
The Change of Mind policy above is in addition to your rights under both Australian and New Zealand Consumer Law in respect of guarantees and warranties for our products and services which by law cannot be excluded.
You should contact Pineapple Tours with any issues with a product or experience voucher purchased through Pineapple Tours. Upon receiving your query, Pineapple Tours will endeavour to resolve the issue to the best of our ability. If your issue cannot be resolved, we will provide you a remedy in accordance with your statutory consumer guarantee rights and these terms and conditions.
- In respect of products purchased on Pineapple Tours (e.g. Gifts & Hampers and their contents) they must be of acceptable quality, free from defects, match what was advertised and be reasonably fit for the purpose considering the prices and description provided to you at the point of sale. If there is a major failure with the product not fulfilling any of these criteria then you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with your statutory consumer guarantee rights so long as the complaint is made to us within a reasonable period of time.
- In respect of services it is the independent Experience Providers who provides the experience to you following the redemption of an experience voucher (see section 11). You will be entitled to a refund in accordance with your statutory consumer guarantee rights if there is a major failure with the Experience Provider not providing the experience with due skill and care, not providing the experience within a reasonable period of time within the validity period (60 months), or with the experience not being fit for the purpose described at the point of sale.
- Where the Consumer Law does not apply to a circumstance beyond the control of either or both of Pineapple Tours or the Experience Provider, Pineapple Tours will provide you with a credit voucher valid for 60 months from the Purchase date.
Please note that refunds can only be processed back to the original purchaser.
3. Exchange of Pineapple Tours Gifts
Experiences and Gift Vouchers
The purchaser or recipient of an experience or gift voucher, at any time during the validity period, can make a booking, for any experience on the Pineapple Tours website. The experience presented on the voucher is only a suggestion from the purchaser of the voucher. The voucher holder is not limited to the experience displayed on the voucher.
Conditions of exchange:
- Change in experience choice is only permitted for valid vouchers that have not been used, i.e. where an experience date has not yet been requested on the Pineapple Tours system.
- Any experience voucher changed for an alternative experience will maintain the original expiry date of the voucher.
- If the new experience chosen is of lesser value, any remaining balance will be held on your Pineapple Tours account. This amount is subject to the same expiry date as the original voucher. If you choose an experience of higher value, you will be required and prompted to pay the difference.
- The value of your voucher that becomes available does not include any delivery or transaction fees paid at time of purchase.
Exchanges for change-of-mind do not apply to Gift Certificates.
Gift Cards & E-Gift Cards
Gift cards purchased on or after 1st October 2020 will have an expiry date of 5 years.
Gifts & Hampers
Once a Pineapple Tours Gifts & Hampers product has been purchased and dispatched, it cannot be exchanged for change-of-mind.
We reserve the right to change prices without notice. All prices are in AUD and include Goods and Services Tax (GST) at the current rate of 10% in Australia.
Pineapple Tours Australia charges a transaction fee to recover the costs it incurs for card payments. Pineapple Tours Australia charges no fees for payments made using Bank Transfer. Fees will not apply when redeeming a gift voucher or using Pineapple Tours credit.
Transaction fees vary dependent on the payment method chosen.
If transaction fees apply, the transaction fees charged will be clearly displayed to Pineapple Tours Australia customers at the time of purchase.
Pineapple Tours Australia will charge a flat rate fee of 1.9% of the purchase price on all transactions. This fee will not apply when redeeming a gift voucher or Pineapple Tours credit. All fees will be clearly displayed to Pineapple Tours customers at the time of purchase.
Sometimes, despite our best efforts, products may be incorrectly displayed on our website at a price that is lower than the correct price. Where there is such a manifest error, we will notify you of the error as soon as possible to provide you with the option of purchasing the product at the correct price. In the event that you do not wish to pay the correct price, we reserve our rights to cancel your order, in which case we will refund you any payments that you have made to us in respect of that product.
- a) Price changes — The prices appearing on the website are the current rates and can change without notice. Once a traveller has booked with us, the traveller will not be required to pay any difference in the event of a price increase. In any case, Pineapple Tours will not refund the balance of any price reduction.
- b) Per person — All prices listed are on a per person basis unless otherwise stated.
- c) Inclusions — Prices include all inclusions as indicated on the tour description on goldcoastwinetours.com.
- d) Exclusions — Prices do not include:
- Tips and gratuities — Though not compulsory, if you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip is appropriate. Tipping inspires service excellence and is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels.
- Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description.
iii. Baggage and personal insurance — It is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate insurance for their travels.
- Wine to take away — Wine is supplied for you to taste during your experience with us at each winery. If you wish to take wine away with you, you can purchase wines at the winery, we may be able to help ship them to you, or you may even find them for purchase in your country of origin.
- Promotional Codes & Limited Time Offers — Discount campaigns may be promoted from time to time however promotional codes must be redeemed at time of purchase. Discounts, limited time offers, and promotional codes may not be applied retrospectively and only one offer may be redeemed for any one booking..
- Guests under the age of 18 years — Guests under the age of 18 years (children) are not permitted on any small-group tour. Children will be permitted carriage only on private tours and will be charged accordingly on a case by case basis. Under no circumstances are children allowed on tour without being directly accompanied by a parent/legal guardian. In Australia it is illegal for anyone to supply alcohol to someone under the age of 18 years of age on a licensed premise, including at cellar doors or wineries. As such, no person under the age of 18 years of age will be allowed to consume/taste wine or any other alcohol at any stage of the tour, regardless of who supplies it. Valid identification may be requested and if not produced a portion of the booking will be cancelled with no right to refund. Should anyone on tour supply alcohol to a minor they will be removed from the tour and reported to the police without hesitation.
If a guest who has claimed to be a child but is identified as not qualifying for a reduced child rate, the guest will be required to provide the balance of difference between the full rate and reduced rate for the tour before being permitted to start the tour.
5. Transfer of Pineapple Tours Experiences or Gift Vouchers
All valid and unused Pineapple Tours Experiences or Gift Vouchers are fully transferable. Pineapple Tours accepts no responsibility for any stolen or fraudulent Gift Vouchers. It is the holder’s responsibility to ensure the safe keeping of the Gift Voucher(s).
Gift vouchers (including experience vouchers, gift certificates, gift cards and e-gift cards) may not, without the prior written consent of Pineapple Tours, be resold or offered for resale (including via on-line auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes. If a gift voucher is sold or used in breach of this condition, the gift voucher may be cancelled without a refund and holder of the gift voucher will be unable to use the gift voucher. Pineapple Tours cannot guarantee the validity of any gift voucher offered for resale on 3rd party websites such as Facebook, eBay or Gumtree.
Pineapple Tours Account Credit
These may not be transferred under any circumstances.
Gifts & Hampers
Transfer does not apply to Pineapple Tours ‘Gifts & Hampers’.
6. Lost Gift Vouchers
If a Pineapple Tours Gift Voucher is received and subsequently lost, the recipient may be eligible to have a replacement voucher emailed to them.
Conditions for replacement of lost Pineapple Tours Gift Vouchers:
- The voucher is still valid and has not yet been exchanged or used.
- Proof of purchase is provided; either an order number, purchaser’s full name or purchaser’s email address.
- Pineapple Tours is able to correctly verify you as the original recipient.
Please note it is the voucher recipient’s responsibility to obtain and provide Pineapple Tours with all required verification details. Failure to do so will mean no replacement voucher can be issued.
7. Expiry & Extensions: Gift Vouchers
Experience Vouchers will remain valid for 60 months from the date of purchase subject to the following;
- If the Experience Voucher is not booked and taken within 18 months the amount paid for the voucher will be preserved for a further 42 months but the experience supplier will not be obliged to offer the experience nor to offer the experience at the same price.
- After 18 months, if the price of the experience has increased, an additional amount will need to be paid at the time of booking.
- After 18 months, if the experience is no longer available a Pineapple Tours Account Credit will be provided for the amount paid for the voucher.
If your gift voucher is close to or has expired up to a maximum of 90 days past the expiry date, you can request an extension for a maximum of 90 days. This will incur a $30 extension fee paid at the time of extension.
If your gift voucher has been expired for greater than 90 days the voucher cannot be extended under any circumstances. Expired vouchers are non-refundable in whole or in part. After a voucher has expired, it is no longer valid, and all transaction attempts will be declined. Any unused value at the date of expiry will become the property of Pineapple Tours.
If you are eligible for an extension, please contact our Customer Experience team by getting in contact here. Please note an extension can only be granted once per voucher.
Vouchers purchased on or after 1st October 2020 will have an expiry date of 60 months.
Gift Certificates or Gift Cards
Gift Certificates/ Cards must be used within 60 months (5 years) of purchase.
8. Expiry & Extensions: Pineapple Tours Account Credits
Pineapple Tours Account Credits carry the same expiry date as the original Experience Voucher, Gift Certificate or Gift Card. Expired Pineapple Tours Account credits are non-refundable in whole or in part. After credit has expired, it is no longer valid, and all transaction attempts will be declined. Any unused value at the date of expiry will become the property of Pineapple Tours.
Extensions for use of Pineapple Tours Account Credits are not permitted under any circumstances.
9. Gift Voucher Delivery
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to correctly address gifts, whether by email, post or courier. Pineapple Tours cannot be held responsible for any damaged, missing or delayed orders where incorrect or incomplete delivery details (address and, if relevant, appropriate delivery instructions) have been provided.
All Gift Vouchers are dispatched from Pineapple Tours fulfilment partner based on the Gold Coast.
A redelivery charge will apply (depending on the delivery method chosen) if the item is lost after receipt, if the recipient is unavailable for receipt of delivery, if the delivery address is incorrect or if there is no safe place to leave the item.
In some circumstances where delivery has been attempted but unsuccessful, the item will be taken to the nearest post office.
Gift Voucher Delivery via Email
Pineapple Tours is not liable or responsible for any loss suffered as a result of a Gift Voucher via email being blocked by filters or firewalls, or where the incorrect email address has been entered by the purchaser. If the recipient does not receive the email Gift Voucher, please contact us to send vouchers to an alternative email address. Alternatively, we can change the delivery method which would incur the normal delivery fee of that service.
Delivery via Standard Post
- Standard Post delivery is via Australia Post. Pineapple Tours accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or delay as a result of using Australia Post’s service. If for any reason your Gift Voucher doesn’t arrive, please contact us immediately and we can arrange for the Gift Voucher emailed to you free of charge.
- Standard Post delivery is via New Zealand Post. Pineapple Tours accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or delay as a result of using New Zealand Post’s service. If for any reason your Gift Voucher doesn’t arrive, please contact us immediately and we can arrange for the Gift Voucher emailed to you free of charge.
Delivery via Express Post
Australia & New Zealand
- Express Post delivery to physical locations is provided via Australia Post.
- Pineapple Tours accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or delay as a result of using postal services.
- Pineapple Tours can provide you with an Australia Post Express Post tracking code in the event you need to locate the whereabouts of your delivery.
- Express Post deliveries do not require a signature and will be delivered to the specified recipient’s physical postal address provided at time of purchase.
- Physical postal addresses can only be changed on the same date of purchase during the existing operating hours of the Pineapple Tours Customer Experience Team, by calling in and speaking with one of our Customer Experience Consultants. Our support team will get back to you within 24 Hours
- If the physical postal address provided at time of purchase is incorrect, a redelivery charge of $15.00 for Express Post will apply for the item to be resent.
- During December and January, our Fulfilment Centre observes certain closure dates where physical orders are unable to be fulfilled. Closure dates are publicised on our physical product pages prior to purchase.
Delivery of Direct Ship Items
Direct Ship items refers to Pineapple Tours Gift Products, and Movie Tickets.
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to correctly address gifts. Pineapple Tours cannot be held responsible for any damaged, missing or delayed orders where:
- Incorrect or incomplete delivery details (address and, if relevant, appropriate delivery instructions) have been provided.
- It has been requested that th